The South African subsidiary of Barclays, Barclays Africa has today unveiled the names of the startups that qualified for the bank’s Supply Chain Challenge finals. Innov8tiv has listed the names of these startups in no particular orders as follows:
1) Farm Input Authentication (Kenya) – This is an information system that enables users to verify and track transactions made in the agricultural sector in Kenya.
2) Market Opportunity (Kenya) – An e-commerce platform that takes a social network approach to connecting sellers and buyers.
3) Eni Freshmart (Nigeria) – An e-commerce platform that doubles up as an online retailer and shopping mall.
4) Catch Counterfeits (Kenya) – An innovative anti-counterfeit sytem that wants to disrupt the counterfeit pharmaceutical market by blocking supply of counterfeit products.
5) Solutech Limited (Kenya) – A mobile app that provides tracking solution for merchandising, distribution and sales.
Barclays Africa Supply Chain Challenge
The above five startups will go on fierec competiton against each other before a panel made up of influential judges that will include top Barclays executives from all over the continent. The startups will have a chance to pitch their products, and …read more